Financial Management Analyst
Location: Defense Health Headquarters, Falls Church, VA
Pls. apply online at: http://www.advanciatech.com/careers
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Employment Class: Regular Full-time
Advancia Technologies is actively recruiting for qualified Financial Analysts to provide functional technical advice and assistance to the Defense Health Agency Financial Operations Division Financial and Budget Analysts and Financial Support personnel.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process financial execution data utilizing multi automated systems such as; GFEBS (General Fund Enterprise Business System) and Program Budget Accounting System (PBAS).
- Assist with the Development of Spend Plans.
- Assist with Execution of Annual Funding.
- Track and Report on Spend Plan execution to actuals.
- Assist with Funding and Creating DRCH/WBS/Funded Programs.
- Prepare SOF.
- Quarterly Execution Reviews.
- Complete all Taskers Associated with the Funds Center.
- Process, review & research financial transactions data entries for Commitments, Obligations, Disbursements, Unmatched Disbursements in the Finance & Accounting System.
- Monitor, track, & maintain financial transactions and data entry for Travel, Training, Rents, Utilities, Credit Cards billings, PRs, MIPRs, and Acquisition awards.
- Perform intense research, analysis, & reconciliation of accounting data entries for obligations, expenditures, and disbursements discrepancies related to acquisitions contract award and all financial execution.
- Process & inform other entities of required accounting execution data corrections.
- Utilize various automated systems to perform research, review, & reconcile accounting data entries such as; DAI, GFEBS, CAPS-W, MOCAS, IPAC, EDA, EDM, WAAS, and WAWF.
- Coordinate with external and internal customers to resolve issues involve DHA accounting recording.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Financial Management, Financial Analysis, Managerial Finance, Accounting, Business or other related / allied discipline.
- General Fund Enterprise Business Systems (GFEBS) experience.
- Three (3) years’ minimum experience in DoD budget and program development, execution and management.
- One (1) year minimum total direct experience with Defense Health Program operations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of commonly used DoD, Defense Health Program and Federal budgetary, financial and practical accounting methods, practices, procedures, regulations, laws, policies and precedents in order to perform routine budget administration duties and provide advice on the full range of routine budget exhibit preparation and submission activities.
- Knowledge of the budget execution process in order to advise on and/or properly execute, record and report obligations, expenditures, transfer of funds, allotments, year-end close out, etc.
- Working knowledge of the Statement of Budgetary Resources (SBR).
- Working knowledge of Defense Agencies Initiative (DAI).
- Working knowledge of the U. S. Standard General Ledger (USSGL) and general ledger accounting.
- Practical knowledge of the mission, function, goals, objectives, work processes, and sources of funding for the organization.
- Knowledge of automated budget and financial systems and capabilities.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Advancia Technologies, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.