CORT is a subsidiary of Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway. CORT is the leading provider of Destination Services. For more than 35 years we have helped thousands of families relocate all over the world. CORT believes in the creed of commitment to excellence for our corporate clients and their relocating employees.
CORT's Destination Services will help relocating employees and their families become acclimated quickly to their new home environment. Our goal is to handle the details of the relocation, allowing the employee and their family to focus on their new life. Each service offering is tailored to meet the special needs of the employee and their family.
The Destination Service Consultant (DSC) assists CORT's relocating customers in securing rental housing by selecting appropriate properties based on the customer's criteria and accompanying them on viewings as well as providing support with leasing. DSC will also assist with Settling In services for these customers which may include Social Security, DMV, Banking, Schooling and any other service that would be a part of settling in a relocating customer.
Qualified candidates will be selected on an Independent Contractor basis and will be considered self-employed. Participants will engage in a contracted agreement to provide services to CORT in exchange for an agreed upon fee for services rendered.
This position will cover the Houston, TX, area.
- Tour employees of CORT's corporate customers to help find their new rental housing and/or assisting them with Settling In services in a professional manner this includes dressing in appropriate business attire, being on time and organized for appointments and having all materials organized.
- Have the ability to educate customer on market knowledge and market conditions.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Meet required CORT performance metrics
- Ensure seatbelts are worn by all occupants of your vehicle when driving with a CORT customer and abide by all state and local traffic laws.
- Provide clean, safe and well maintained transportation
- Abide by CORT's Cell Phone policy while driving.
- Be available on weekends and able to accommodate rush tours.
- Become familiar with CORT's furniture rental and Clearance Centers
- Assemble and use CORT Relocation Packets for all CORT customers (CORT will provide)
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely fashion following the CORT deadline guidelines
- Communicate in a timely fashion with your CORT Liaison regarding updates on CORT's customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Effective sales and closing skills
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent driving and descriptive knowledge of the market area
- Professional Transportation, Valid Driver's License and current Auto Insurance
EDUCATION, LICENSING and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2 years residency, vast area knowledge
- Must have a valid Real Estate License if required in the state(s), and market area
- Must have relocation industry experience
- Multilingual a plus
Ability to communicate professionally and effectively both verbally and in writing with customers and CORT in order to provide the level of customer service required and expected of CORT DSCs.
Ability to listen, apply common sense and then use a solid understanding of the market area to make selections of properties which best fit the customer's needs and wants. Creatively resolve customer service issues and be empathetic to their relocation concerns.
- The DSC is frequently required to stand, walk, drive, climb stairs, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The DSC is occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to accompany the customer to each property, model, amenity, Social Security office, DMV, airport, schools, etc on tour.