SUMMARY: Management Business Solutions is seeking a Senior Insurance Company Credit Analyst for its client in Detroit, MI. This opportunity is remote. The ideal candidate would be responsible for performing credit analyses of insurance company members, intended to assist credit management in the formulation of lending and collateral decisions.
- Perform credit analyses and monitor the financial condition of insurance company members, Supplemental Mortgage Insurers and Primary Mortgage Insurers.
- Utilize S&P Market Intelligence, regulatory financial statements, SEC filings, business plans, annual reports, and confidential regulatory examination reports.
- Assist in the maintenance, monitoring and execution of robust credit analysis tools and interpret data outputs.
- Design reports and interpret the data outputs of the models and tools to assist Credit Services management.
- Assist the Underwriting Manager by providing analyses, reports and other documentation, as well as for internal audits, risk assessment evaluations and regulatory examinations.
- As needed, support Indianapolis location in the development of new products and services directed at our insurance company membership.
- Review/process membership applications filed by prospective insurance company members.
- Develop expertise in credit risk analysis, and using news services, seminars, and training classes, remain current on insurance industry events/developments.
- Participate on internal committees as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or another related field required.
- Professional certification (CPA or CFA) or relevant work experience preferred.
- 4+ years of experience working directly in a financial institution or in a capacity providing relevant work experience.
- Strong understanding of balance sheets, income statements, cash flows, funding sources, and capital types specific to insurance companies.
- Detail-oriented and possess excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and Access.