SUMMARY: Management Business Solutions (MBS) is seeking a Plant Controller for a client in Nacogdoches, TX. This individual will be responsible for production/financial reporting, monitoring results, forecasting, planning, and analysis. This person will also be responsible for developing the annual budget, capital spending proposals, and new product costing.
- Manages projects related to budgeting, audit, capital requests, and plant initiatives. Recommends financial policies in conjunction with the goals and objectives of the Company and ensures internal controls are in place
- Plans, studies, and collects data to determine costs of actual business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, labor and overhead at the plant
- Analyzes changes on product configuration, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine the effects on product costs and internal product margins
- Analyzes manufacturing costs and prepares routine reporting comparing standard to actual production costs. Works with plant leadership to reduce/minimize costs
- Manages month-end activities, variance analysis, and monthly reconciliations
- Local plant expert regarding the cost account system, developing and implementing internal controls over financial reporting. Develop standard costs, update and create new Bill of Materials and Routings within SAP
- Produces and manages the annual financial budget for the plant. Provides monthly forecasts as needed due to revised volume assumptions
- Prepares forecasting, budgeting and ad hoc financial updates
- Prepares, monitors, and maintains capital budgets and spending fixed asset management; monitors CIP
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration required; Master’s Degree or CPA/CMA required.
- 5 years of progressive experience in Accounting/Finance required.
MANAGEMENT BUSINESS SOLUTIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER