Many times, you may not be able to print the reports/checks in QuickBooks. This happens because of many factors. It's at hand to understand these many factors and resolve the problem to work smoothly on QuickBooks.
What Causes QuickBooks Printing Issues:
Below given could be a list of problems that may cause QuickBooks Printing issues.
- QuickBooks not updated to the latest
- The system couldn't establish a connection with the printer.
- Printer not installed properly.
- No Network connectivity
How to resolve Printing issues
Note: These steps are meant for knowledgeable users. If you're unsure of a way to move ahead with any specific step, then ask a technical professional for help at QuickBooks Enterprise Support.
Check if your printer is Outside of QB
- 1st Open the Start Menu
- Then visit your notepads
- Search for your Printer and click on that.
If your Printer doesn’t work then:
- Firstly, shut down the printer
- Next Restart the system
- Now activate your Printer again
- Make sure the printer isn't jammed.
- Open the Start Menu
- Visit control panel
- Click the Printer and Fax
- If you see that printer shows it’s offline, then Click On- it and select the option to Use the Printer on-line
- Ensure there aren't any docs lined-up
- Chose the Window
- And print a check page.
If you can't print a test Page:
- Make sure that there are the latest drivers installed on the Printer
- No blinking is there on the printer
- If you see any lights blinking, then check with the ‘Printer Manual’ for directions and solve it.
If the Printer is unable to print only in QuickBooks:
- Use the QuickBooks print and PDF repair tool. Use this tool to resolve common printing problems.
- If the QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool doesn't fix the problem, then manually rename QBPrint.QBP file.
- Add the word ‘.OLD’ to the extension
- Now Open the QB Desktop
- Visit File Menu
- Click the ‘Printer Set-up’
- Search for the transaction from the list, press OK
- Now open and print the transaction of your alternative.
The above problems ought to be resolved by now, however, if they haven’t tried something then attempt the below options:
1. Verify Printer status
- 1st Click File
- Next visit Printer Setup
- Now select the form you wish to print.
- Make sure that the printer name matches the printer name you're using.
2. Print via a unique Printer
- 1st Click on the option
- Next, visit Printer Setup
- Now select the form you wish to print
- Now select a unique printer to print this and see if this works.
3. Print a different/ separate form.
4. Print a sample report/ totally different form
5. Now see if you have got printer drivers installed.
Thanks for reading this article. QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool could be a nice option to resolve QuickBooks printing issues. If you require any immediate help, Contact our QuickBooks Enterprise Support number 1-800-796-0471.