A dental crown, also known as “tooth cap”, protects a weak tooth from decaying and breaking. A crown holds together part of a fractured tooth. Dental crown is a prosthetic restoration that wraps and supports a tooth with a large filling if there is not a lot of tooth present. Dental crowns resemble the rest of your teeth and work just like them also. It improves your teeth appearance caused by stains and decay.
Why do we need dental crowns? There are a couple of reasons why. Let’s look at them one by one.
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshapened or severely discolored teeth
- To cover a dental implant
- To make a cosmetic modifications
If you look at the reasons stated above, dental crowns are very useful when it comes to our day to day life. It doesn’t just provide beautification but it also provides health benefits when it comes to decaying teeth. So, if you’re going to ask if it’s safe, then, yes! It is 100% safe because dental crowns are made of non-hazardous materials that will not cause harm to your body, but rather gives you a lot of benefits.
Dental crowns are built to last for a long time, maximum of 15 years. But of course, regular dental checkups are needed to achieve its utmost stability. You need a regular cleaning, too!
So, if you are looking for the best dentist in Three Rivers area that can provide you your sturdy dental crowns, Paul M. Blank, D.D.S. is the man! We aim for total client fulfillment for our Three Rivers Area clients! Recover your self-assurance by wearing that striking smile! If you are looking for a Three Rivers dentist to answer your unanswered questions, we are very much looking to hear from you. You may visit us for free dental consultations at Paul M. Blank, D.D.S., and get the best Three Rivers dental services offered! Call us now at 269-279-5278!