Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Why work for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT.
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
• An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
• Great Pay
• Industry-leading health insurance
• Paid vacation after 90 days
• 401(K) + company match
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Employee Discount programs
About the Job
Serves as the first point of contact for customers depositing waste at a Waste Management Facility; calculates payments, checks loads, and ensures the safety of the customer and other employees through observation of safety rules and regulations.
What You'll Do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Greets customers, directs customers and other traffic, and answers questions accurately.
• Correctly calculates payments for customers.
• Ensures that incoming garbage loads are safe and do not contain any inappropriate material.
• Ensures that customers and employees conduct all business in a safe manner and wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Provides general upkeep of the Scale House.
• Completes all administrative tasks including regular filing, and completes required reports.
• Keeps immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
• Attends company sponsored training and meetings as directed.
• Works overtime as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned, including data entry and minor customer service responsibilities.
• Approaches all encounters with employees, customers and vendors in a friendly, service oriented manner.
• This job has no supervisory duties.
What Does It Take to be a Scalehouse Attendant at WM?
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
• Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D (accredited)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and experience using computer programs
• Previous customer service, cashier, and/or data entry experience are a plus
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) part of the work day;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds occasionally;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) occasionally;
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements part of the work day;
Normal setting for this job is: scalehouse.
About our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran