Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Operate IAWTS, perform Control Room Operator's duties and Sampler/Unloader duties when assigned.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
• Operate disposal and auxiliary facilities in a specified sequence and in accordance with specified procedures. Log monitoring data and notify the Shift Supervisor and
• Control Room Operator of any significant changes in well data.
• Perform RCRA inspections in accordance with established schedules and procedures.
• Operate and monitor the steam boiler in accordance with written procedures.
• Operate and monitor the Integrated Aqueous Waste Treatment System (IAWTS) in accordance to procedure.
• Operate and control caustic scrubber system as outlined in the procedure.
• Monitor and change out filter when required in the cartridge filter housings.
• Perform related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
• Perform Control Room Operator's duties when assigned.
• Perform Sampler/Unloader duties when assigned.
• Must be able to participate on emergency response rescue team:
• Contingency Plan event.
• Confined space entry rescue.
• CPR, first aid site provider
Safety and Environmental Responsibilities:
• Maintain a safe work environment. This includes responsibility for cleaning the work station, reporting defective equipment, storing and handling equipment or materials properly, and participating in company training.
• Follow site safety and environmental policies and practices.
• Participate in safety meetings, problem solving meetings, incident and near-miss investigations.
• Promote by example Vickery’s safety and environmental policies.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: None required.
• Experience: 2 years relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• None required
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
RCRA REQUIRED TRAINING:
• A1 New Employee Orientation (1 time)
• A2. 1 Basic Fire Fighting
• A2. 2 Emergency SIMLT/EVAC Drills
• A3 Contingency Plan
• B3 Personal Protective Equipment
• B3. 1 Advanced P.P.E./SCBA
• B4. 41 Waste Analysis Plan
• C1. First Aid *
• C2. C.P.R.
• C4. Casualty Control
• C6. Spill Response
• 0C1.02 Safety Shoes
• 0C1.03 Safety Glasses
• 0C1.05 Respiratory Protection
• 0C1.08 Fire Protection Plan
• 0C2.04 Environmental Compliance
• 0C2.06 RCRA Inspections
• OC2.11 Incident Reporting
• 0C4.32 Sampling Protocols Operations
• OC5.05 Trans of DOT Haz Material *
• OC5.06 DOT Classification/Haz Mat Table *
• OC5.09 DOT Hazardous Material Security Training*
• B2 Hazard Communication
• B3.2 Hearing Conservation
• B3.3 Heat & Cold Stress Training
• B9.6 Lockout/Tagout
• B9.9 Forklift Operation
• B9.11 Linebreaking
• B9.12 Confined Space Entry
• C3. Blood Born Pathogens
• D1 Fall Protection
• 0C1.01 Vickery Safety Policies
• 0C1.32 OSHA 40 Hour (1 time)
• 0C1.33 OSHA 8 Hour Refresher
• 0C6.13 Boiler Chemicals and Boiler Start-Up/Operations
• OC9.02 Stormwater Pollution Prevention
• B9.14 Confined Space/Emergency Response Drill
• * Required every 3 years
D. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities that Contribute to Success
• Good verbal and writing communication skills
• General math skills
V. Work Environment and Essential Functions
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Note: the following is defaulted for office setting position.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than ___ pounds rarely;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
Normal setting for this job is: manual labor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran