Our client in the packaging manufacturing industry located in Ridgefield Park, NJ is in need of a Laminating Operator for their 3rd shift operations.
This candidate will maintain all laminating production equipment and see facilities in proper working condition for maximum productivity while meeting or exceeding safety regulations.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
The Operator must have basic reading and math skills. Must be comfortable with the use of touch screen controls. Mechanical and problem solving abilities are necessary. Must have knowledge of the various types of material used in the operation.
• Proper adherence to and fulfillment of all tasks defined within, but not limited to GMP’s, Work Instructions, HACCP principles and/or CPG Policies critical to the effective fulfillment of the Product Safety Management System (PSMS).
• Responsible to report any Product Safety concerns to department manager, plant manager or Quality Assurance manager.
• Must exhibit knowledge and competency of PSMS, Quality and manufacturing process requirements.
• Line Clearance-confirm prior job completion and all materials, including labels for that job have been removed from line and work area prior to the change-over to next job.
• Responsible for the equipment set up and productivity.
• Responsible for the performance of his crew.
• Check the job order for material and tooling requirements. Notify the supervisor or QC if information is not complete.
• Confirm staged material matches the order, printed film and base film.
• Prior to machine start up the glue head operation has to be physically checked.
• Change static mixer insert daily
• Confirm glue / catalyst ratio by a weigh check.
• Set coating head gap with feeler gauge.
• Document printed roll numbers.
• Document and ensure retain samples
• Check coating weight and tag for disposition rolls that are out of range.
• End of roll samples have to be inspected for lamination and adhesive lay down appearance.
• Anything affecting product quality or machine run speed must be documented.
• Clean dried glue on contact surfaces.
• Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material problems.
• Comply with all company and safety policies and procedures.
• Regular and predictable attendance, overtime when required.
• Ability to assist with slitting machinery set-up, run, and clean up; detail oriented; excellent verbal skills; ability to read and understand a job ticket.
• Ability to read a ruler.
• Ability to work in a team environment with a high sense of urgency for on-time completion of assigned activities.
• Ability to work an 8 hour shifts, up to 12 hours as needed. Must be able/willing to work overtime as required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work - This is a full-time position. Monday through Friday.
• High school diploma or GED
• Solid work experience in a manufacturing environment
• 2+ years in a machine set-up role
• Leadership or supervisory experience
• Good math skills (fractions)
• Great reading comprehension
• Basic Computer skills
• Ability to read standard/metric measuring tape
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
This is a temp to hire opportunity!
Pay Rate: $15.00-$20.00/hr depending on experience
Candidates interested will submit their resume for immediate consideration to Jennifer:
Candidates will consent to:
* Criminal background check
* Education verification
* Drug testing
* Recent and relevant employer references
ProStaff has a talented and optimistic staffing team focused on the quality of your career. We offer many direct hire full-time positions as well as many contingent/temporary positions.
ProStaff is an Equal Opportunity Employer