Shredding Specialist with Stericycle
The Shredding Specialist is responsible for receiving, segregating and loading waste paper into a paper shredder as well as various traditional warehouse support duties. The Shredding Specialist is a member of the local operations team who coordinates the parking of all trucks in preparation for the next day. The Shredding Specialist must be a team player and contribute to a safe and harmonious work environment.
Key Job Activities:
1) Unloads shredded paper, media, and product from Shred-it’s trucks at the assigned branch nightly.
2) Operates and maintains baling machinery at the branch.
3) Ensures all paper bales are staged or loaded for shipment as required.
4) Performs shredding operations in support of Shred-it’s off-site shredding program.
5) Safeguards plant hardware and equipment by locking and activating security systems.
6) Operates forklifts and performs preventative maintenance on forklifts as required.
7) Maintains a clean and safe working area according to Shred-It and NAID standards
8) Ensures that truck shredder compartments and cabs are cleaned nightly in accordance with company guidelines.
9) Performs weekly, monthly and yearly preventative maintenance on all equipment. Maintains supplies for plant operations.
10) Maintain a responsible approach to all security and safety matters related to the operation of Shred-it following the company’s policies and procedures at all times bringing the manager's attention to any and all areas of concern.
11) Other duties as assigned.
Required Education: in High School or Equivalent