Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Why work for Waste Management?
· Competitive Pay
· Industry leading health insurance
· Paid vacation after 90 days of continuous active service
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Education Savings Plan
· Employee Discount programs
· An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
I. Job Summary
Cleans and maintains the working areas on an orderly basis, and maintains hard surface floors in assigned areas.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Sweeps, mops, scrubs and polishes floor.
• Daily /weekly and bi-weekly CNG compressor and station safety checks.
• Operates high and low speed buffers and polishers.
• Cleans offices, conference rooms, halls, restrooms, and miscellaneous areas as assigned, to include: sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and polishing floors; vacuuming all carpeted areas; disposing of all trash; cleaning all office windows; dusting equipment, furniture or fixtures.
• Provides supplies for restrooms and other facilities, as necessary.
• Notifies supervisor of repairs and maintenance work that is needed for the building and equipment.
• Maintains janitorial supply inventory; requests supplies as necessary to maintain stock; organizes and stores inventory in its proper places.
• May perform minor maintenance work such as replacing light bulbs and changing air filters.
• Performs simple tasks such as moving and storing furniture and equipment.
• Performs additional duties as requested.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: None required.
• Experience: One year previous experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: janitorial/office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran