Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Operates forklift in order to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move equipment or materials.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Inspects forklift prior to operation.
• Notifies supervisor and prepares a maintenance work order for any noted problems with forklift.
• Uses the appropriate lift truck for the type of container to be transported.
• Inspects each bin, pallet, or tote for damage and cleanliness prior to use or storage.
• Places unacceptable bins in the bin repair staging area.
• Checks each container or pallet for correct labeling and container integrity before transporting to the intended process.
• Loads or unloads materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device.
• Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials or hooks tow trucks to trailer hitch, and transports load to designated area.
• Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device.
• Fuels forklift for the following shift at the end of the present shift.
• Perform duties within all safe, sanitary, and good housekeeping guidelines.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
• Experience: 6 months of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: outdoor/operating equipment
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on Pension, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran