Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Works under direct supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks. Performs minor repairs and applies basic welding processes.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Performs minor repairs and applies basic welding processes.
• Assists in the repair of compactors and containers.
• Washes compactors and containers.
• Conducts safety checks on compactors and containers.
• Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing compactors and containers, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
• Assists senior welders and welders in the completion of project work.
• Performs service calls for container repair.
• Repairs broken or damaged containers.
• May perform related work such as flame cutting, bending, forming, beveling, notching of metal parts.
• Performs other maintenance related work as required.
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: None required.
• Education: Six months of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirement
• Valid driver’s license.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than _ pounds frequently.
• Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to _ lbs.
• Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
• Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran