Air Force Enlisted Village is looking for Maintenance Technicians to join our team.
Summary: Repairs and maintains: plumbing, appliances, electrical wiring and fixtures, irrigation systems, physical structures, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, and pool & spa operations to all real property associated with Bob Hope Village to include the Bob Gates Welcome Center, the Dolores Hope All Faiths Chapel, and the Air Force Enlisted Village Headquarters Buildings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes all duties in a safe manner.
- Repairs/replaces plumbing fixtures such as faucets, toilets, hot water heaters, and food waste disposals.
- Repairs/replaces appliances to include: commercial washing machines and gas dryers, refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers, etc.
- Repairs/replaces electrical items such as motors, outlets, switches, and circuit breakers, and other electrical fixtures.
- Repairs damage to wooden structures.
- Diagnose and identify HVAC systems for repair. Replace air filters, unclogs condensate lines, capacitors, and fuses.
- Performs light interior and exterior painting.
- Repairs and replaces sprinkler heads and maintains irrigation systems.
- Rotate on standby roster on week at a time
- Performs all other work as assigned.
Other Related Duties:
Other related duties include knowledge in the following areas; auto and small engine repair, pest control. TV, cable, and computer support. Concrete and asphalt repair, landscaping, roofing, maintaining the Protect Alert Call System, and perform maintenance & repairs for pool and spa operations under the State of Florida guidelines. Applicants must acquire a Certified Pool and Spa Operator license, if selected for duty. In addition, work with the Bob Hope Village Staff in performing set-up, execution, and teardown of activities, to include; Holiday activities, Volunteer Banquet, Golf Tournaments, and all other related fundraisers. Also performs other work as directed.
- High School graduate.
- Have a positive attitude and be willing to give 100%.
- Two years’ experience performing a variety of maintenance activities.
- Be familiar with reading and interpreting architectural and engineering drawings.
- Ability to lift 70 Lbs and carry 50 Lbs.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.50 - $15.00 per hour + bonus pay
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location in Shalimar
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
How to apply:
Please send your resume/ application to HR Director Jena Sweeney email@example.com