Maintenance Worker Job Description
Reports to: Board of Directors
(This person works and reports directly to the Board of Directors)
Hours: Part Time or as needed only (Hours will vary due to season)
Benefits: 2 weeks vacation: Permanency: Possible
Pay: Hourly only : $12 to $14: Must be Bondable Background check required: Outside 95% of the time.
Maintenance Worker Summary:
Maintenance worker will inspect property and perform any basic repairs or preventative maintenance as required by the board of directors. To do well in this position the person should be skilled with various hand tools or power tools, be able to read, write and follow instructions given by our 5 member board of directors and be self motivated. Previous maintenance or construction related experience helpful. Ideal job for semi-retired person wanting to work outside.
- Conducting routine inspection of premises and equipment.
- Performing preventive maintenance via work requests as directed by the board.
- Handling basic repairs and maintenance of various types as directed by the board
- Call contractors when professional repairs are necessary
- Work with contractors on the bids
- Diagnosing issues and correct them when necessary on equipment
- Basic painting, concrete, roofing, electric duties and pool experience
- Ground clean up as directed by the board, weed eating, limb removal
- Available for Emergency call outs
Maintenance Worker Requirements:
- Maintenance experience helpful
- High school diploma of general education degree (GED)
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools of different type
- Ability to take apart equipment or devices of different types to remove and replace defective parts or rebuild as necessary.
- Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals or internet as necessary
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, saws, drills, wrenches, volt meters and other small hand tools
- Organizational and follow up skills, Eye for detail
- Professional attitude, must be self motivated
- Ability to maintain focus while working, able to prioritize work
- Ability to work on their own with limited supervision