Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Work shift: 1030 pm to 7 am
Schedule: Sunday evening to Friday morning
Inspects, configures and operates a wide variety of equipment and performs work to specification. Included, but not limited to, the operation of forklift, lifting platform, wheel loader, industrial press and tying machine. Mechanical inspection of sorting equipment: conveyors, motor and pulley. Complete inspection reports.
Essential tasks and responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, a person must be able to perform each essential task satisfactorily. Other minor tasks may be assigned.
• Operate equipment in accordance with company operating procedures.
• Checks that the equipment is in working order, for example, tools, safety mechanisms.
• Moves and positions raw materials and finished components using material moving equipment.
• Performs daily maintenance and cleaning activities.
This work has no supervisory functions.
• Education: None.
• Experience: One (1) year of previous experience
• Acceptable driving record required.
• Legally eligible to work in Canada with a valid SIN
• Pass the pre-hire medical history and medical history check, which will include an employment check, and a motor vehicle record review.
• Good communication skills in French
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
• Normal setting for this job is: recycling facility
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Pension, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran