Why work for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT
Do you feel like your career isn’t moving in the right direction? Do you want to work for a company that promotes and helps you develop your career? Are you looking for an outstanding benefits package? Join the Waste Management team to take your career to the next level. In this position, you’ll lead plant operations, coordinate and conduct daily plant operations in order to improve production, maintain costs, and ensure safety. Waste Management recognizes employees for hard work through competitive pay, great benefits, rewards and opportunities for growth.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
• Competitive Pay
• Industry-leading health insurance
• Yearly boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear
• Paid vacation after 90 days
• 401(K) with Company Match
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Employee Discount programs
• An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
***Start time is 3:00pm and shift works anywhere between 8-12 hours*** OT likely, as needed
About the Job
Under general supervision, coordinates and conducts daily plant operations in order to improve production, maintain costs, and ensure safety.
What Does It Take to Be a Plant Lead? Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
• Four year’s experience
• Forklift Certification Preferred
• 2-4 years of supervisory experience preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Under general supervision, coordinates and conducts daily plant operations and maintains inventory for safety and operation supplies.
• Support employees, answer questions and keep moral up
• Reduce down time
• Step into the production line when people are on break, and/or vacation.
• Forklift experience preferred
• Conducts daily production activities; enters finished goods into inventory; orders supplies as needed.
• May assist with the coordination of workflow and assignments.
• Investigates, reviews and controls implementation of safety regulations and company policies and procedures.
• Creates and submits weekly and month end reports as requested.
• May provide support and direction to less experienced plant employees.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
About our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran