Why work for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT
Do you feel like your career isn’t moving in the right direction? Do you want to work for a company that promotes and helps you develop your career? Are you looking for an outstanding benefits package? Join the Waste Management team to take your career to the next level. In this position, you’ll driver a yard jockey truck, conduct equipment inspections and perform preventative equipment maintenance. Waste Management recognizes employees for hard work through competitive pay, great benefits, rewards and opportunities for growth.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
• Competitive Pay
• Industry-leading health insurance
• Yearly boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear
• Paid vacation after 90 days
• 401(K) with Company Match
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Employee Discount programs
• An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
About the Job Safely operates a yard jockey truck to perform assigned duties to stage tractor trailers in the recycling yard.
What Does It Take to Be a Non CDL Yard Jockey Driver? Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
• Previous yard jockey experience preferred
• Experience staging trailers for loading and unloading strongly preferred
• Safe driving record
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Experience backing up and switching 53 ft. trailers into loading docks
• Position trailers for loading and unloading and staging tractor trailers
• Operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA) requirements as well as all local, state and federal requirements and Company expectations for the Fleet; maintains a clean and safe vehicle.
• Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle using utilizing standard DEI (Driver Equipment Inspection Report); notes all issues on DEI form for corrective review/repair.
• Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service calls to operations supervisor or manager before attempting service.
• Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and meetings as required.
• Performs all duties as assigned by operations supervisor
• Notifies Operations Supervisor of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
• Follows assignments throughout the day and completes all documentation when checking-in at the end of the route.
Work Environment / Physical Demands Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 50 pounds occasionally;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
• Normal setting for this job is: shop or field.
About our Benefits At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran