Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Thank you for your interest in Waste Management. In response to
COVID-19, we will be conducting our review process through creative solutions. Your patience and flexibility is appreciated as our process may involve virtual solutions and take longer than normal. Interview process and timing may be delayed and will vary by site.
WM offers amazing benefits, stability and career advancement. We are looking for proud, caring and resilient people to join the Waste Management family which are the foundation for our success.
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Responsible for performing a wide range of manual operating or maintenance tasks under direct supervision.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Performs general manual labor tasks including, but not limited to:
• lifting and moving materials greater than 50 lbs
• operating industrial vacuum equipment (guzzler)
• industrial cleaning of energy services equipment
• the use of hand tools
• spending 50% of time in confined space ( including pits and Roll Off boxes)
• and other activities in a helping or assisting mode.
• Performs maintenance and housekeeping tasks.
• Loads and unloads trucks, tanks, etc.
• Assists with minor repairs to equipment.
• Helps to test and maintain area safety shutdown equipment to ensure compliance with company and government regulations.
• Records daily production and prepares gauge reports, operating logs and related documentation.
• Practices awareness concerning issues of health, safety and the environment; cooperates with emergency teams to anticipate and deal with any hazardous and/or unusual situations (gas environment, high-pressure wells, oil spills and line leaks, inclement weather, acts of vandalism, etc.).
• May join with technical groups and field personnel on teams to promote production efficiency and safety.
• Conducts other duties and tasks as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: None required
• Experience: Six (6) months of previously related experienced
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• CPR & First Aid (A Roustabout can work once they have the 8 hr CS but it is recommended they receive the 40 hr and CPR/First Aid ASAP)
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• None required.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran