Equal Opportunity Employer
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Shift: Starting at 530 am
Driver Helper teams with Route Driver and assists in the collection of Waste and /or Recyclable material.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Works in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, Occupational and Health and Safety (OHS) requirements as well as all local, provincial and federal laws.
• Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
• Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
• Manually or mechanically load and empty residential and/or commercial containers into truck.
• Containers maybe staged curbside, dockside, carryout, or require pullout to complete service.
• Operates hoisting device to lift and empty bins or containers into truck hopper.
• Assists driver with all backing maneuvers while on route.
• Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
• Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
• Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager
• Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: None
• Experience: 6 months of relevant experience
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Hold a current G Driver's License; DZ license is an asset
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Legally eligible to work in Canada with valid SIN.
• Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen/medical and background check.
• Good physical shape.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: landfill/outdoor
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on Pension, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran