First Shift Recycling Plant Sorter
Stable Work With Overtime and Advancement Opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
The Sorter is responsible for ensuring proper placement and sorting materials on the conveyor line by performing the following duties.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Inspect materials and sort items or materials into piles or places in container according to type, size, condition, coloring or paper grade.
• Pull contaminants out of paper or off of floor.
• Stack boxes and skids. Dump boxes and totes of material.
• Feed material, such as wastepaper onto conveyor.
• Clean up conveyor and surrounding sorting line. Keep surrounding work area clean.
• Read monitor for machine start up and ensure machine is operating properly and at a moderate speed.
• Follow appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs) as guideline for operating and maintaining equipment.
• Report any worker-public safety factors and/or equipment malfunctions.
• Attend weekly/monthly safety/operations meetings.
• May provide support or direction to less experienced sorters.
• Other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: None required.
• Experience: Two years of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than _ pounds frequently.
• Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to _ lbs.
• Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
• Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran