Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Thank you for your interest in Waste Management. In response to COVID-19, we will be conducting our review process through creative solutions. Your patience and flexibility is appreciated as our process may involve virtual solutions and take longer than normal. Interview process and timing may be delayed and will vary by site.
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Schedule: rotating 42 hours per week - 4 days per week Monday to Thursday and Tuesday to Friday, alternating weekly. Will also be required to work a 4 hour day on Saturdays as scheduled.
Shift: 630 am to 5 pm
I. Job Summary
Sets-up and operates a wide variety of equipment, including D6/7/8 Dozers, Rock Trucks, Excavators and 836 compactors as well as various pieces of light equipment, lawnmowers, tractor backhoes, skid steer etc., as required, and performs work per specifications.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Operates equipment in compliance with the company operating procedure.
• Verifies that equipment is in working order, e.g., tooling, safety mechanisms.
• Moves and positions raw materials and finished components with use of material moving equipment.
• Performs daily maintenance and cleaning activities.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: None.
• Experience: Four (4) years of previous experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Standard Heavy Equipment School Certificate or equivalent experience.
• Valid G or higher drivers' license, with acceptable driving record.
• Legally eligible to work in Canada with a valid SIN.
• Able to successfully pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check consisting of a medical/drug test, criminal history search, license verification and employment confirmation.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
• Normal setting for this job is: shop or field.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Pension, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran