Full-Time Crew Leader - La Vergne, TN
Alpha EMC is a corporation leading the effort for guidance, solutions, resolution and support in the areas of environmental work, safety and energy solutions.
We are a full scope professional services company that believes in integrity, client focus and going the extra mile to bring valuable solutions. Alpha EMC supports efficiency, teamwork, ingenuity, creativity, and “out of the box” ideas in order to bring valuable solutions to ever-changing needs.
With a track record of increasing growth, visibility, opportunity, and profits, our highly-regarded environmental consulting firm, Alpha EMC, seeks a dynamic and talented Field Quality Manager to join our team. Our client-focused firm has a strong culture rooted in trust, integrity, professionalism and excellence. We are committed to providing clients with cutting-edge consultation and innovative environmental, safety and energy solutions that improve lives. You’ll find that our team consists of talented, dedicated people who share our enthusiasm for the environment and our sense of pride!
- Leading a field crew
- Assuring all standards of quality met in the field
- Hiring and Developing team members on the crew
- Interfacing with clients on site to assure work is done and generate new work
- Assures complete efficiency, safety and decorum on site
- Reinforces company culture with crew (attire, communication, work ethic, attitude)
- Assures that job materials are well kept, maintained and utilized without waste
- Leads the work effort in the field and be adept at installation and maintenance of BMPs
- Illustrates organization and electronic usage capability (i.e. using data tablet, computers, etc.)
- Completes all required paperwork and submissions accurately and timely
- Takes initiative to learn, train and hone skills to demonstrate role model work
- Leads all efforts of crew work for the day’s events (driving to site, proper tools, management of materials, quality of work, sign off on reports/SWPPP, communication in field, care of materials and tools, keeping team from hitting OT, illustrating safety measures, etc.)
- Fosters improved communication amongst teams and departments
- Acts as a sounding board to teammates related to personnel issues/concerns
- Works with local leaders to create, obtain and exceed goals and objectives
- Is comfortable and capable of operating small machinery if required
- Works on special projects, if requested
- High School Diploma required (college degree preferred)
- Must have a valid Drivers License
- Physically capable of working outdoors full time
- Shows ability to lead a team/crew efficiently
- Able to illustrate organization, leadership, and communication skills
- Comfortable and capable using technology
- Able to bring examples of work ethic and past success
- Enjoys working outdoors
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body. Be able to reach overhead. Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time. Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks. Be able to lift 50 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday.