Why work for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT
Do you love repair and welding? Do you want to work with the latest technologies and modern practices? Are you looking to build your career? Apply today to join the Waste Management family. As a Painter - Container, you’ll be preparing and painting container boxes. You’ll work independently on equipment that requires a high level of skill. Waste Management recognizes employees for hard work through competitive pay, great benefits, rewards and opportunities for growth.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
• Competitive Pay
• Industry-leading health insurance
• Yearly boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear
• Non flat-rate shops
• 401(K) with Company Match
• Employee Discount programs
• An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
About the Job Under moderate supervision, performs a wide variety of skilled painting duties at the Milwaukee Container Shop.
What Does It Take to Be a Painter - Container? Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
• One-year painting experience required
• Operation of an airless sprayer (preferred)
• Forklift Operation (preferred)
Job Fundamentals To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
· Paints with a pre-mix 55-gallon paint in an airless sprayer · Will be painting 2, 4, 6, 8, 20, 30- and 42-yard container. · Uses brushes, sprayers, or rollers to apply paint or other coatings. · Removes stickers using scrapers. · Track sizes and quantity of containers completed daily
· Moving containers staging area to paint booth with forklift
· Performs additional duties as requested. Work Environment / Physical Demands Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Normal setting for this job is: landfill/outdoor.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
About our Benefits At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran