Why work for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT
Do you feel like your career isn’t moving in the right direction? Do you want to work for a company that promotes and helps you develop your career? Are you looking for an outstanding benefits package? Join the Waste Management team to take your career to the next level. In this position, you’ll operate a wheel loader and conduct equipment inspections. Waste Management recognizes employees for hard work through competitive pay, great benefits, rewards and opportunities for growth.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
• Competitive Pay
• Industry-leading health insurance
• Yearly boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear
• Paid vacation after 90 days
• 401(K) with Company Match
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Employee Discount programs
• An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
About the Job
Operates a wheel loader that performs the spreading and compaction of construction demolition, commercial and residential waste disposed into a tractor trailer. Replace tractor trailer when full of material. Operates other equipment to maintain infrastructure and appearance at the post collection facilities.
What Does it Take to Be a Heavy Equipment Operator?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
· Three (3) years previous work experience operating heavy equipment
· Legally eligible to work in the United States
· High school diploma and/or GED (preferred)
Class A CDL preferred, not required
Ability to backup a tractor trailer (preferred)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Operates all heavy equipment in compliance with the company operating safety policies and procedures.
• Conducts routine equipment inspections and preventative maintenance on equipment; maintains accurate records
• Moves and positions raw materials and finished components with use of material moving equipment.
• Follow appropriate standard operating procedures as guideline for operating and maintaining vehicle
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 50 pounds occasionally;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
• Normal setting for this job is: shop or field.
About our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran