Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Operates a wide variety of heavy equipment vehicles that perform the spreading and compaction of construction demolition, soil remediation, commercial and residential waste disposed at the post collection facilities or particular job sites. This position may require prolonged travel/stays in any part of our service area. Ability and willingness to travel are required.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Operates heavy equipment in compliance with the company operating safety policies and procedures.
• Conducts routine equipment inspections and preventative maintenance on equipment; maintains accurate records
• Moves and positions raw materials and finished components with use of material moving equipment.
• Follow appropriate standard operating procedures as guideline for operating and maintaining vehicle.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Will be part of a team that will be required to move from job site to job site on an as needed basis.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and physical.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: None required.
• Experience: Three (3) years of previous experience operating Heavy Equipment (Bulldozer and Excavator).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Required: Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Ability to operate numerous soil excavation/remediation equipment
• Ability to commit to prolonged travel/stays in any part of our service area
• Ability to travel up to 75%
• Ability to work within a cohesive team/unit
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran