Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
This is a 3-month contract position that has the possibility of being extended.
Shift: Monday to Friday either 530 am to 200 pm or 800 am to 430 pm, however is subject to change due to volume of material coming in.
I. Job Summary
Operates and tends machine that compresses and binds paper, cloth, or other loose materials.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Trucks or carries materials to baling machine.
• Places materials in compression chamber of baling machine.
• Moves lever or electric switch, causing ram to compress material.
• Threads tie bands around bale and twists or clamps ends of bands to tighten bands.
• Opens compression chamber doors and removes bale from machine.
• Trucks bales to storage place, weighs bales, and records weight.
• Lines compression chamber of baling machine with paper, burlap, or other covering before baling.
• Sews or ties wrapping in place after baling, and stencils bales.
• Manage flow of materiasl into short track.
• Direct production of bales.
• Count/track number of bales.
• Manage/organize storage of bales in warehouse.
• Sweep/tidy area.
• Clean/remove debris from cameras.
• Clean and tidy catwald from debris.
• Other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
• Experience: Skid steer operation an asset
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• 18 years of age or older
• Class 5 or higher drivers' license
• Legally eligible to work in Canada with a valid SIN
• Successfully complete pre-employment drug and medical and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: operating bailing machine.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on Pension, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran