Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Performs preventive maintenance inspection (PMI), troubleshoots, repairs, and rebuilds major components on compactors and containers. Ensures accurate diagnosis and effective repair and/or replacement of components.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
• Performs preventive maintenance inspections, diagnoses and repairs compactors, containers, and carts.
• Performs moderately complex welding processes such as arc welding, gas welding, aluminum welding, brazing, plastic welding, and soft soldering on a variety of materials.
• Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing compactors and containers, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
• Conducts safety checks on compactors and containers.
• Performs service calls for compactor repairs and emergency breakdowns.
• Performs related work such as flame cutting, bending, forming, beveling, notching of metal and plastic parts.
• Performs standard layouts and set-ups of dimensions and tolerances.
• Estimates time and material costs on repairs and requisitions new parts.
• Inspects the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or rebuilds.
• Performs layout operations, develops fixtures for one-of-a-kind units, and selects optimum welding process.
• Provides assistance, guidance and direction to lower level maintenance personnel.
• In the absence of supervision may provide container maintenance supervisory duties.
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: Not required
• Experience: 4 years of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Valid driver’s license.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Proficiency in welding techniques; knowledge of safety procedures and practices necessary while operating or repairing compactors, containers and carts; skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of compactors, containers and carts; skill in repair of special purpose equipment; ability to perform repairs on a variety of compactors, containers and carts; and ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program may be required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds occasionally;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran