Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
I. Job Summary
Welders performs preventive maintenance inspection (PMI), troubleshoots, repairs, and rebuilds major components on vehicles and equipment. Ensures accurate diagnosis and effective repair and/or replacement of components.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Performs preventive maintenance inspections, diagnoses and repairs vehicles and equipment.
• Performs moderately complex welding processes such as arc welding, gas welding, aluminum welding, brazing, plastic welding, and soft soldering on a variety of materials.
• Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles and equipment, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
• Conducts safety checks on compactors and containers.
• Performs service calls for compactor repairs and emergency breakdowns.
• Performs related work such as flame cutting, bending, forming, beveling, notching of metal and plastic parts.
• Performs standard layouts and set-ups of dimensions and tolerances.
• Estimates time and material costs on repairs and requisitions new parts.
• Inspects the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or rebuilds.
• Performs layout operations, develops fixtures for one-of-a-kind units, and selects optimum welding process.
• Provides assistance, guidance and direction to lower level maintenance personnel.
• In the absence of supervision may provide vehicle maintenance supervisory duties.
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: None required.
• Experience: Four (4) years of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Valid driver’s license.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Proficiency in welding techniques; knowledge of safety procedures and practices necessary while operating or vehicles and equipment; skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing vehicles and equipment; skill in repair of special purpose equipment; ability to perform repairs on a variety of vehicles and equipment; and ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program may be required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than _ pounds frequently.
• Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to _ lbs.
• Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
• Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran