Why work for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT
Do you love repair and welding? Do you want to work with the latest technologies and modern practices? Are you looking to build your career? Apply today to join the Waste Management family. As a Sr Welder, you’ll be trained to provide superior maintenance and welding on compactors at client sites. You’ll work independently on equipment that requires a high level of skill. You’ll troubleshoot and repair on the spot at client site locations. Waste Management recognizes employees for hard work through competitive pay, great benefits, rewards and opportunities for growth.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
• Competitive Pay
• Industry-leading health insurance
• Yearly tool allowance, boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear
• Paid vacation after 90 days
• Non flat-rate shops
• 401(K) with Company Match
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Employee Discount programs
• An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
About the Job
As a Sr. Welder you will preventive maintenance inspection (PMI), troubleshoot, repair, and rebuild major components on compactors and containers. Ensures accurate diagnosis and effective repair and/or replacement of components.
What Does It Take to Be a Sr. Welder?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
• Four (4) years of relevant work experience.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Proficiency in welding techniques; knowledge of safety procedures and practices necessary while operating or repairing compactors, containers and carts; skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of compactors, containers and carts; skill in repair of special purpose equipment; ability to perform repairs on a variety of compactors, containers and carts; and ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program may be required.
To be successful as a Sr Welder you'll be expected to perform the following tasks:
• Performs preventive maintenance inspections, diagnoses and repairs compactors, containers, and carts.
• Performs moderately complex welding processes such as arc welding, gas welding, aluminum welding, brazing, plastic welding, and soft soldering on a variety of materials.
• Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing compactors and containers, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
• Conducts safety checks on compactors and containers.
• Performs service calls for compactor repairs and emergency breakdowns.
• Performs related work such as flame cutting, bending, forming, beveling, notching of metal and plastic parts.
• Performs standard layouts and set-ups of dimensions and tolerances.
• Estimates time and material costs on repairs and requisitions new parts.
• Inspects the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or rebuilds.
• Performs layout operations, develops fixtures for one-of-a-kind units, and selects optimum welding process.
• Provides assistance, guidance and direction to lower level maintenance personnel.
• In the absence of supervision may provide container maintenance supervisory duties.
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
Work Environment / Physical DemandsListed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 100 pounds occasionally;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
• Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
About our Benefits At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran