Equal Opportunity Employer
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
The Helper- Residential works with the Route Driver and assists in the collection of Waste and /or Recyclable material.
This is a chance to get on board with WM and grow a job into a career!
Hourly Rate: $15.75
Shift: Fulltime days
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Works in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, Occupational and Safety Health requirements as well as all local, provincial and federal laws.
• Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service-related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
• Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
• Manually or mechanically load and empty residential and/or commercial containers into truck.
• Containers maybe staged curbside, dockside, carryout, or require pullout to complete service.
• Operates hoisting device to lift and empty bins or containers into truck hopper.
• Assists driver with all backing maneuvers while on route.
• Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
• Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
• Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager
• Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: none required
• Experience: Six (6) months of relevant work experience.
B. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• A strong desire to become a WM Driver would be considered and asset! Training and support will be available for qualified candidates.
• Valid Driver’s License (and in good standing)
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Legally eligible to work in Canada with a valid S.I.N
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than __ pounds frequently.
• Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to 44 lbs.
• Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or riding in a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
• Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, company pension, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran