Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
This position is located at our Thorhild Landfill which is near Newbrook, AB.
Shift: 4 week Rotational schedule (flexibility is required but employees can 'trade' shifts)
- Mon to Fri AM shift (likely 630 am to 3 pm) for 2 weeks
- Mon to Fri PM shift (likley 1030 am to 7 pm) for 2 weeks
- Tue to Sat AM shift (likely 630 am to 3 pm) for 2 weeks
- Tue to Sat PM shift (likely 1030 am to 7 pm) for 2 weeks
I. Job Summary
Sets-up and operates a wide variety of equipment, and performs work per specifications; namely: excavator, grader, dozer, and loader.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Operates equipment in compliance with the company operating procedure.
• Verifies that equipment is in working order, e.g., tooling, safety mechanisms.
• Moves and positions raw materials and finished components with use of material moving equipment.
• Performs daily maintenance and cleaning activities.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: None.
• Experience: Minimum of 4 years of previous experience operating yellow iron equipment such as dozer, loader, excavator and grader
• Preferred experience: Excavator and grader
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Required: Valid Class 5 drivers' license
• Preferred: Class 3 or higher drivers' license
• Legally eligible to work in Canada with a valid SIN.
• Successfully complete pre-employment drug and medical and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Extensive experience operating graders and excavators is an asset
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
• Normal setting for this job is: landfill
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Pension, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran