Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Waste Management as an exciting opportunity for an Operations Specialist to provide administrative support to the market area office in Ewing, NJ. The typical shift starts at 8:00AM.
I. Job Summary
Provides clerical and administrative support to departmental Managers, and assists in coordinating all aspects of daily operations, including recording and reporting data.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Excellent communication skills and customer centricity
• Ability to work within a team dynamic
• Proficient with Excel and Word within a Microsoft environment
• Ability to perform cross functional duties
• Validate invoices and create purchase orders for the GMA office in Ewing and Deptford
• Assist with truck DEP renewals and registrations for the GMA
• Assist with processing EZPass violations for the GMA
• Assist with the GMA office building maintenance requests
• Maintain and stock office supplies for the GMA office
• Assists in troubleshooting and resolving safety, service, and operational issues.
• Maintains and distributes department related information on a daily basis.
• Communicates with other supervisors and managers about operations
• Completes and maintains a variety of reports as directed by the department manager.
• Uses software tools to manage a variety of tasks, such as procurement, time and attendance, and financial tasks.
• Assists in the implementation of operational projects as needed.
• Communicates with employees about scheduling and work assignments as needed.
• Process incoming and outgoing mail for UPS and USPS
• Performs other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: High school diploma or G.E.D (accredited)
• Experience: Zero (0) to four (4) years previous experience
• One year experience in an administrative support role (in addition to education requirements)
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Teams
** Please upload a current resume for consideration **
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran