Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Performs a variety of general manual labor tasks under direct supervision. Will be cross trained and certified to operate the Scalehouse.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Performs general manual labor tasks including, but not limited to,
• lifting and moving materials,
• loading and unloading vehicles,
• digging and refilling holes,
• and other activities in a helping or assisting mode.
• Operates a backhoe and yard switcher.
• Will be cross trained to operate the Scalehouse, and become certified as a NJ Weighmaster.
• May be required to work overnight in the case of fire watch.
• Conducts other duties and tasks as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: None required.
• Experience: Previous Labor experience working in an outdoor environment preferred, but not required.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Licenses as required by Local, State, Federal, Environmental and/or Health/Safety Regulatory agencies.
• Class A or B Commercial Driver's License preferred but not required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and computer proficiency preferred.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) occasionally;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds most of the work day;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) occasionally;
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements occasionally;
• Normal setting for this job is: Outside/Transfer Station
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran