Why work for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT
Do you feel like your career isn’t moving in the right direction? Do you want to work for a company that promotes and helps you develop your career? Are you looking for an outstanding benefits package? Join the Waste Management team to take your career to the next level. In this position, you’ll be a spotter, assisting equipment operators in the transfer station. Waste Management recognizes employees for hard work through competitive pay, great benefits, rewards and opportunities for growth.
Hours: 7am - 3pm, occasional Saturdays as needed.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
• Competitive Pay
• Industry-leading health insurance
• Yearly boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear
• An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
About the Job
Under direct supervision assists the Equipment Operators with various tasks, ensuring a neat and safe work environment at the transfer station for all employees and customers, and enhancing the appearance of the site to the surrounding properties.
What Does it Take to Be a Spotter?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
· Previous experience in a laborer position and exposed to outside elements (preferred)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Hook and unhook trailers
• Operate stationary trash compactor
• Assist the Heavy Equipment Operator on site
• Clean up operations – clean/pick up debris in and around transfer station
• Maintains site landscaping.
• Reports any safety factors and/or vehicle malfunctions.
• Maintains an awareness of activities and persons on or around the site and reports unusual activities to a supervisor.
• Follows appropriate lifting and grasping procedures.
• Approaches all encounters with internal and external customers and general public in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
• Attends daily/weekly/monthly safety/operations meetings.
• Attends training on work-related topics.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 50 pounds occasionally;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
• Normal setting for this job is: shop or field.
About our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran