Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Under general supervision, coordinates and conducts daily plant operations in order to improve production, maintain costs, and ensure safety.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Under general supervision, coordinates and conducts daily plant operations.
• Assumes responsibilities for daily production activities to ensure optimal quality and production of the plant. Proactively takes actions and communicates to address issues that may arise
• Train and oversee production team to ensure consistent product quality and that delivery schedules are met
• Monitors individual team members to see if any need for additional training or instruction exist.
• Schedule monitor employee output and manage the time of other production employees.
• Maintains a safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures to include but not limited to Hazardous Energy Control Procedures, Lock Out/Tag Out and Confined Space protocol.
• Creates and submits weekly and month end reports as requested.
• Under general supervision maintain all line equipment, by performing daily inspections, trouble shooting and anticipating issues that might arise on the line.
To assure smooth continuous operation of the plant, may be required to cover other production positions with in the plan
It.II. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties, but may occasionally act as a team lead.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: Not required.
• Experience: Four years of prior experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• None Required
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• None required
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran