Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Responsible for monitoring material bunker levels and activating the conveyors and controls to bale sorted recyclable material.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Performs daily inspection of equipment.
• Monitors levels of material in bunkers.
• Change baler settings for each commodity to be baled.
• Operate conveyors to bring materials from bunkers to baler.
• If facilities exist, perform QC on material as it is conveyed to the baler.
• Places materials in compression chamber of baling machine.
• Activate the controls of baler to compress and wire tie bales.
• Threads tie bands around bale and twists or clamps ends of bands to tighten bands.
• Opens compression chamber doors and removes bale from machine.
• Trucks bales to storage place, weighs bales, and records weight.
• Lines compression chamber of baling machine with paper, burlap, or other covering before baling.
• Sews or ties wrapping in place after baling, and stencils bales.
• Keeps accurate production records on bales produced.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: Not Required
• Experience: No prior work experience required
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Required to undergo initial training and an annual training thereafter.
• Required to read and review operators manual prior to operation of equipment.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds rarely;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
Normal setting for this job is: outdoors/MRF
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran