Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
What is the Value of a WM Job?
The value of a WM job is more than a paycheck.
We are Committed to your Growth: 100% tuition paid for you and your family
We are People First: We foster an environment where all teammates feel welcomed, valued and seen
We are Stable: Our employees are home every day and perform essential and meaningful work
We are Investing in You: Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401k with match, Discounted Stock options, Dependent Day Care, and more!
Position is located in Charlestown
The Small Equipment Operator is responsible for day-to-day operations of an innovative food waste recycling and co-digestion project. Duties receiving and shipping, manufacturing equipment operation, loader and forklift operation, light maintenance, and quality control. This position also includes opportunities for development in a cutting-edge division of the solid waste industry.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned:
• Operate heavy equipment and forklift. Complete daily equipment inspection and DEI forms. Maintain a clean and professional work area
• Adhere to WM Safety & Compliance, OHSA, and DOT policies and procedures. At least one-year experience in heavy equipment/ forklift operations.
• Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
• A Valid Hydraulics license (or willingness to obtain one) is a plus. Must be reliable, show up for work on time, follow instructions, and adhere to safety policies. Strong verbal communication, organization, and follow-through skills a plus.
• The ability to perform multiple tasks in a high-volume environment a must. Ensures cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property of all facilities through inspections and preventive maintenance.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities:
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Education: None required.
• Experience: Three (3) years of previous experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements:
• 2A/1C Hoisting License; Must be willing to obtain within 90 days of starting*.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Position will require developing a thorough understanding of COReTM process, maintenance of the COReTM systems, production of EBS, managing EBS product quality, general knowledge of waste-water treatment and anaerobic digestion, product sampling, and laboratory analysis. Experience with Heavy Equipment Operation and PLC based SCADA control system.
V. Work Environment
• Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds occasionally.
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
Normal setting for this job is: shop or field.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran