Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Under general supervision, applies appropriate welds to fabricate or repair trucks.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Performs minor repairs and applies basic welding processes to trucks.
• Performs preventive maintenance inspections, diagnostic and repair of trucks.
• Qualified in the welding processes such as arc welding, gas welding, aluminum welding, brazing, and soft soldering on a variety of materials.
• Conducts safety checks on trucks.
• Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
• Assists senior welders in the completion of project work.
• Performs service calls for truck repair.
• Performs related work such as flame cutting, bending, forming, beveling, notching of metal and plastic parts.
• Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
• Works from prints, drawings and verbal instructions.
• Performs standard layouts and set-ups of dimensions and tolerances.
• Utilizes standard shop hand tools, measuring devices and equipment.
• Performs other maintenance related work as required.
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
• No supervisory responsibilities required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
• Experience: 2 years or relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Required: Valid driver’s license.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Basic skills in welding techniques.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Normal setting for this job is: landfill/outdoor
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, company pension, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran