Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary Under general supervision, operates water treatment, clarification, sludge processing, and disposal equipment related to oilfield residual fluids treatment and disposal to control flow and processing of residual fluid.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Monitors control panels and adjusts valves and gates manually or by remote control to regulate flow of residual fluids.
• Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings and tests results to determine load requirements.
• Starts and stops pumps, electrical power equipment, engines, and generators to control flow of residual fluids through electrolysis, filtering, settling, aeration, and sludge digestion processes.
• Maintains log of operations and records meter and gauge readings.
• Operates and maintains power generating equipment to provide air and electricity for plant.
• Maintains tank levels and moves hoses and other pumping equipment.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities This job has no supervisory duties.
IV. Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: Not required.
• Experience: Four years of prior waste water operator/technician experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• None required.
V. Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran