Why work for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
• Updated Pay Scale
• Per diem and mileage reimbursement
• Industry-leading health insurance
• Yearly boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear
• Paid vacation after 90 days
• 401(K) + company match
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Employee Discount programs
• An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
About the Job
The Area Relief Heavy Equipment Operator is part of our market area support force which may require them to travel weekly. You're a key part of our area strategy if sites are down an operator the business has a need. Prolonged stays in any part of our service area are a reality and requires you to have the ability and willingness to travel.
The ideal Area Relief Equipment Operator is able to operate a wide variety of heavy equipment vehicles that perform the spreading and compaction of construction demolition, soil remediation, commercial and residential waste disposed at the post collection facilities or particular job sites.
What Does It Take to be an Area Relief Heavy Equipment Operator?
Below are the qualifications to be a fit for this job.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Experience: Three (3) years of previous experience.
• Ability to operate numerous soil excavation/remediation equipment
• Ability to commit to prolonged travel/stays in any part of our service area
• Ability to travel up to 75%
• Ability to work within a cohesive team/unit
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To be successful as an Area Relief Heavy Equipment Operator, you'll be expected to satisfactorily perform the following tasks:
· Operates heavy equipment in compliance with the company operating safety policies and procedures.
· Conducts routine equipment inspections and preventative maintenance on equipment; maintains accurate records
· Moves and positions raw materials and finished components with use of material moving equipment.
· Follow appropriate standard operating procedures as guideline for operating and maintaining vehicle.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Will be part of a team that will be required to move from job site to job site on an as needed basis.
• Required to work in environments, which may involve exposure to occupational risks and hazards such as cuts, burns, toxic chemicals, etc.
• Other minor duties may be assigned.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: landfill/outdoor.
About our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran