Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Provides clerical and administrative support to Recycling Plant Managers, and assists in coordinating all aspects of daily operations, including recording and reporting data. Should have solid Computer Skills, be able to coordinate with third party vendors to schedule work and approve and submit invoices, order parts and supplies to support plant operations. Hours are 7am - 3:30pm Mon-Fri with ocassional Saturdays.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
• Assists in troubleshooting and resolving safety, service, and operational issues.
• Creates, distributes, and closes-out customer tickets on a daily basis.
• Maintains and distributes department related information on a daily basis.
• Communicates with other supervisors and managers about operations and/or dispatch issues.
• Completes and maintains a variety of reports as directed by the department manager.
• Uses software tools to manage a variety of tasks, such as procurement, time and attendance, safety incidents, and contract labor.
• Assists with data collection and reporting required for incentive pay programs.
• Assists with the processing of payments and other financial tasks as necessary.
• Assists in the implementation of operational projects as needed.
• Communicates with customers about service issues as needed.
• Communicates with employees about scheduling and work assignments as needed.
• May enter and maintain Service Machine SMART data on a daily basis.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: High school diploma or G.E.D. (accredited)
• Experience: Not prior work experience required.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds rarely;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements occasionally;
• Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran