Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Waste Management has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Heavy equipment operator III at the DRPI landfill in New Castle, DE. I. Job Summary Operates a wide variety of heavy equipment vehicles that perform the spreading and compaction of construction demolition, soil remediation, commercial and residential waste disposed at the post collection facilities or particular job sites. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Operates heavy equipments in compliance with the company operating safety policies and procedures.
• Conducts routine equipment inspections and preventative maintenance on equipment; maintains accurate records
• Moves and positions raw materials and finished components with use of material moving equipments.
• Follow appropriate standard operating procedures as guideline for operating and maintaining vehicle
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Will be part of a team that will be required to move from job site to job site on an as needed basis.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities This job has no supervisory duties.
IV. Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: None required.
• Experience: Five (5) years of previous experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Ability to operate numerous soil excavation/remediation equipment.
• Ability to work within a cohesive team/unit
• Familiarity with operating excavator, wheel loader, compactor and articulated dump truck.
• Excellence in operating bulldozer.
• Experience managing and/ or directing crews of workers, especially heavy equipment operators.
• Fluency in Spanish is also preferred.
V. Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds occasionally;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) occasionally;
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
• This is an austere working environment. The candidate will be in the cab of his equipment for most of the duty day with brief periods of working outside in all weather conditions year round. Duty days in excess of 10 hours are common.
Benefits At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran