Why work for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT
Do you feel like your career isn’t moving in the right direction? Do you want to work for a company that promotes and helps you develop your career? Are you looking for an outstanding benefits package? Join the Waste Management team to take your career to the next level. In this position, you’ll be an Administrative Operations Specialist, providing clerical and administrative support. Waste Management recognizes employees for hard work through competitive pay, great benefits, rewards and opportunities for growth.
***Hours are 7:00am – 3:45pm****
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
• Competitive Pay
• Industry-leading health insurance
• Paid vacation after 90 days
• 401(K) with Company Match
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Employee Discount programs
• An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
About the Job Serves as the first point of contact for customers depositing waste at a Waste Management Facility; calculates payments, checks loads, and ensures the safety of the customer and other employees through observation of safety rules and regulations.
What Does it Take to Be an Operations Specialist?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
· High school diploma or GED
· Two years of customer service experience (preferred)
· Proficient in MS office programs – specifically MS Excel
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Greets customers, directs customers and other traffic, and answers questions accurately.
• Correctly calculates payments for customers.
• Ensures that incoming garbage loads are safe and do not contain any inappropriate material.
• Ensures that customers and employees conduct all business in a safe manner and wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Provides general upkeep of the Scale House.
• Completes all administrative tasks including regular filing and completes required reports.
• Keeps immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
• Attends company sponsored training and meetings as directed.
• Works overtime as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned, including data entry and minor customer service responsibilities.
• Approaches all encounters with employees, customers and vendors in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) part of the work day;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds occasionally;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) occasionally;
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements part of the work day;
Normal setting for this job is: scalehouse.
About our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran