Equal Opportunity Employer
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary Serves as the first point of contact for customers depositing waste at a Waste Management Facility; calculates payments, checks loads, and ensures the safety of the customer and other employees through observation of safety rules and regulations.
Shift: This is for the Fernie Transfer Station in Fernie BC. 4 days on 4 days off. Monday-Friday 9-5, Sat-Sun 10-4
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
• Greets customers, directs customers and other traffic, and answers questions accurately.
• Correctly calculates payments for customers.
• Ensures that incoming garbage loads are safe and do not contain any inappropriate material.
• Ensures that customers and employees conduct all business in a safe manner and wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Provides general upkeep of the Scale House.
• Completes all administrative tasks including regular filing, and completes required reports.
• Keeps immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
• Attends company sponsored training and meetings as directed.
• Works overtime as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned, including data entry and minor customer service responsibilities.
• Approaches all encounters with employees, customers and vendors in a friendly, service oriented manner.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities This job has no supervisory duties.
IV. Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
• Experience: No prior work experience required.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• None required.
V. Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. 70% inside the shack, greeting customers, entering in computer, keeping shack tidy. 30% outside, keeping recycling area clean, replacing recycling bags, putting full ones in C-can, shovelling snow, sweeping
Normal setting for this job is: office setting or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on RRSP, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran