Equal Opportunity Employer
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Provides clerical and administrative support to departmental Managers, and assists in coordinating all aspects of daily operations, including recording and reporting data.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Assists in troubleshooting and resolving safety, service, and operational issues.
• Maintains and distributes department related information on a daily basis.
• Communicates with other supervisors and managers about operations and/or dispatch issues.
• Completes and maintains a variety of reports as directed by the department manager.
• Uses software tools to manage a variety of tasks, such as procurement, time and attendance, safety incidents, and contract labor.
• Assists with the processing of payments and other financial tasks as necessary.
• Assists in the implementation of operational projects as needed.
• Communicates with customers about service issues as needed.
• Communicates with employees about scheduling and work assignments as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
• This job has no supervisory duties.
• The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
• Experience: Basic knowledge of a mechanic shop environment i.e.: parts handling and inventory taking
B. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Computer skills with familiarity in Excel
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Normal setting for this job is: office setting
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on RRSP, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran