Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
- Job Summary
Properly disposes of solid waste materials at landfill site.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Maintain the landfill and surrounding areas by manually removing windblown debris (paper/plastics, etc.) mowing lawn, removing weeds, planting grass, etc.
- Assist the site mechanic by performing basic maintenance procedures on heavy equipment and support vehicles, including greasing and cleaning
- Perform general building maintenance as required including janitorial work
- Compile and manage simple records for various site requirements
- Operate general site vehicles and equipment (pickup trucks, agricultural tractor, lawnmower, water truck, etc.)
- Install and remove temporary wind fences and nets
- Directs incoming vehicles to dumping area.
- Examines cargo to prohibit disposal of caustic waste, according to government regulations.
- Weighs vehicles entering and leaving site and collects dumping fees.
- Other duties as assigned
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Education and Experience
- Education: None required.
- Experience: No prior work experience required.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
- Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
- Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: Landfill
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran