Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada.
I. Job Summary Under general supervision, applies appropriate welds to fabricate or repair compactors, containers, carts and trucks either at shop or customer sites. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Performs minor repairs and applies basic welding processes.
• Repairs compactors, containers, carts and trucks.
• Performs preventive maintenance inspections, diagnostic and repair of electrical and hydraulic systems on compactors.
• Qualified in the welding processes such as arc welding, gas welding, aluminum welding, brazing, and soft soldering on a variety of materials.
• Conducts safety checks on compactors and containers.
• Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing compactors and containers, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
• Assists senior welders in the completion of project work.
• Performs service calls for compactor repair.
• Performs related work such as flame cutting, bending, forming, beveling, notching of metal and plastic parts.
• Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
• Works from prints, drawings and verbal instructions.
• Performs standard layouts and set-ups of dimensions and tolerances.
• Utilizes standard shop hand tools, measuring devices and equipment.
• Performs other maintenance related work as required.
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OHS Standards.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job. A. Education and Experience Required: Two years previous experience.
Preferred: High school diploma or G.E.D. B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Provincial trade certification OR Interprovincial Red Seal certification in Welding
• Hold a current Class 5 or higher license with a cceptable driving record.
• Be 18 years of age or older.
• Legally eligible to work in Canada.
• Successfully complete pre-employment drug and medical and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required Basic skills in welding techniques; knowledge of safety procedures and practices necessary while operating or repairing compactors, containers and carts; skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of compactors, containers and carts; skill in repair of special purpose equipment; ability to perform repairs on a variety of compactors, containers and carts; and ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program may be required. V. Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds occasionally;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
• Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on Pension, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran