Reports to: Operations Manager
Leads cell/department activities and associates to ensure a quality product is produced safely, in time for delivery and within budgeted costs; key contributor to leading and managing change within the plant.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies daily production challenges and find solutions to prevent reoccurrence and meet production schedules
- Serves as a link between associates and management and support associates through changes
- Assists in developing and monitoring standardized work for direct reports and adhere to Leader Standard Work for your position
- Audits or assigns audit duties for key result areas (e.g., quality, safety, scrap)
- Holds daily cell meeting and set expectations for the day
- Monitors production status hourly, remove bottlenecks and take corrective measures to ensure daily goals are met
- Oversees continuous flow and materials delivery systems and work with associates to continuously improve the process
- Develops associates to improve/expand skills and bench strength
- Reviews production schedules and estimate associate hours to complete a job assignment
- Interprets specifications and job orders for associates and delegate duties
- Recommends measures and changes to improve production, equipment, product quality and working conditions
- Initiates and/or suggests plans to motivate and enforce safety rules.
Education/ Experience/ Work Environment
- 3-5 years related experience in a Lean manufacturing environment in a supervisory role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong written and oral communication and conflict resolution skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to inspire and motivate associates
- Root cause analysis, problem identification, and resolution skills
- Possess or able to learn Lean manufacturing techniques
- Able to work nights
- Up to 10% travel.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities associated with the job. Other job-related duties may be assigned.
An Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer * Drug-Free Working Environment.
LINK TO APPLY: