SUMMARY OF POSITION
Responsible for setting priorities for cp crib, raw material, receiving, and shipping product. Responsible for receiving all raw materials, sub-components, components, purchased devices, packaging material, components returning from outsourced vendors, and all other inventory items. Responsible for pulling finished components and issuing them to shop work orders.
Responsible for shipping finished devices to the customer and components to vendors for outsourced processing. Processing related transactions in production management database system. Must be able to generate and maintain data from the control of documentation.
- Assure compliance to requirements during the receiving and shipping processes, as prescribed by the Quality System
- Perform and organize cycle counts and/or physical inventories as required
- Physically load and unload products as necessary at the loading docks
- Review packing slips for accuracy against the original purchase order and physical count
- Coordinate label request and/or print labels as required accurately as defined in label masters
- Demonstrate the basic knowledge of level II raw material and cp crib
- Expert use of the production management database system as it applies to cp crib, raw materials, receiving, and shipping scripts
- Train new personnel on production management database system as it applies to both cp crib and raw materials scripts
- Demonstrate the ability to look up history of batch lot's. (Where issue d, what was issued, when, issued by)
- Communicate nonconformances to Quality Control
- Assure part identification as part of receipt function
- Maintain good working relationships with other employees
- Review completed shop work order documentation for accuracy, prior to proceeding with the packaging, labeling, and shipping process
- Provide leadership and direction for level I Material! Specialists
- Maintenance shop work orders and Add operations, raw material, or components to a shop work order where needed for corrections.
- Perform shipping Product Release requirements as prescribed by SMS Quality System
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma
- Associate's degree in a business, technical, or related area (preferred) or Three (3) years direct experience in a raw materials, inventory, receiving, shipping, manufacturing or quality control function or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Medical industry experience desired
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to read and interpret basic blueprint requirements
- Communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Effective and supportive team member
- Problem solver
- Good listening skills
- Promote Orchid Core Values
- Exercise good judgement
- Influential with management and piers
- Detail oriented
- Comfortable with computer including MS Office skills, email and imputing data into production management database for product tracking.
- Required to frequently stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Required occasionally to reach with hands and arms
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
- Corrected vison of 20/20, preferred.
- Able to work in a fast-paced quality oriented environment.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined for the position.
- Must submit to and pass background and substance abuse tests.
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify.
- Must adhere to the Company Code of Conduct and Core Values.
- Must follow designated safety rules and regulations.
- Must be able to fulfill all the requirements of this position, including requirements related to procedures.